CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS TO ACT AS YOUTHPRENEURS AND ENVIROPRENEURS
The Rwanda #YACA (Youth Alliance for Climate Actions) aka RYACA is pleased to implement an ambitious project “Promoting Youthpreneurship and Enviropreneurship in Rwanda –#YEPRwanda2014” with the support of the US Embassy in Kigali.
The project is an awareness and action campaign aiming to promote new concepts in Rwanda which are Youthpreneurship and Enviropreneurship amongst youth through music and capacity building for (social) entrepreneurship and environment conservation.
In RYACA, we seek to develop an eco-conscientious generation of youth in Rwanda who act as change makers and green job creators and green entrepreneurs.
The project seeks to hire 40 volunteers (20 boys and 20 girls) will be empowered as youthpreneurs and enviropreneurs, and who will participate in the following activities:
• Promote the project on social media (Facebook, twitter…) with the following hashtag #YEPRwanda2014, by liking and sharing project activities;
• Promote the network Rwanda YACA (Youth Alliance for Climate Action) Facebook page by inviting their friends on Facebook to like our page. Each volunteer is expected to bring at least 100 likes by end of the project;
• Participate in a video clip of the song that will be produced as part of the project;
• Participate in a training workshop on entrepreneurship for climate change adaptation;
• Promote the use of English for environment conservation;
Youthpreneurs and Enviropreneurs
To apply, just go to this link and fill the formhttp://goo.gl/a84V9M , but before please read the following:
1. Like Rwanda YACA Facebook Page;
2. Live in Rwanda during the project period (March 2014) (You don’t have to be a Rwandan to join the project);
3. Be 18-35 yrs old;
4. Be passionate to work with youth;
5. Have a Facebook account with at least 200 Friends;
6. Have a twitter account (optional);
7. Have a whatssap account (optional);
8. Be available to participate in the three main activities planned for #YEPRwanda2014 which are Rwanda YACA Video casting, Earth Hour on March 29th, 2014 , Umuganda and the training workshop (transport facilitation will be provided).
The volunteer will benefit the following:
1. Be empowered as a youthpreneur and enviropreneur;
2. Participate in a video clip on climate change adaptation to be produced by Rwanda YACA;
3. Be featured on our website and Facebook page;
4. The gratification of having contributed to building the Rwandan youth climate movement;
5. Be given a resilience button, a T-shirt and a certificate of recognition for volunteering in the project;
6. Have a lot of fun working with youth;
7. A lot of surprises
Deadline to apply is Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 at midnight. Applications sent after this deadline will be immediately rejected. Selected volunteers will be notified on Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 at noon. Please Share and spread the word! #YEPRwanda2014