The Rwanda #YACA (Youth Alliance for Climate Actions) aka RYACA is pleased to implement an ambitious project “Promoting Youthpreneurship and Enviropreneurship in Rwanda” with the support of the US Embassy in Kigali.
The project is an awareness and action campaign aiming to promote new concepts in Rwanda which are youthpreneurship and Enviropreneurship amongst youth through music and capacity building for (social) entrepreneurship and environment conservation.
In RYACA, we seek to develop an eco-conscientious generation of youth in Rwanda who act as change makers and green job creators and green entrepreneurs.
This is a call for creative write ups from youth on the following theme: “Climate Change in Rwanda and the role of youth to address it”. It can either be a poem, an essay or any other type of write up, but it has to address the above theme.
The title of the write up does not have to be the same as the theme. We expect the contestants to be as creative as possible.
The write up must meet the following requirements:
1. Be original and creative (We will check for plagiarism)
2. Not exceeding one (1) page
3.Must address the theme proposed above
4. Must be in English (All words must be in English language)
5. Must talk about the Rwandan context.
To participate, contestants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be 18-25 years old;
2. Live in Rwanda (not necessarily a Rwandan);
3. Be on Facebook and like Rwanda YACA Facebook page on this link: goo.gl/tCo8I2
The first part of the selection of best write ups will be conducted through voting on Rwanda YACA Face page. The write ups with most likes, comments and shares will be selected as semi-finalists.
1. Being featured on our Facebook page and website
2. A certificate for the best creative write up youthpreneur and enviropreneur
3. A free promotional three minutes video on the Rwanda YACAYouTube Channel
4. A Rwanda YACA T shirt, bangle
5. USD 100
6. Other surprises
Submit your write up on and before Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 at midnight (deadline moved to Tuesday, March 25th, 2014 at midnight) by sending it at firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment.
Make sure that you indicate clearly the name of the Author submitting the write up.
All write ups will be posted on Rwanda YACA Facebook page on Thursday, March 20th, 2014. Voting will continue until Thursday, March 27th, 2014 at midnight. Voting will be held on Facebook, and the five (5) most voted (meaning most liked, shared and commented) write ups on Rwanda YACA Facebook page will be considered as semi-finalists in the run-up and will be submitted to a committee for an in-depth review . Only three (3) best write ups will be awarded.